Are you looking for a nice inexpensive rice cooker capable of feeding a lot people? If you are than the Sanyo ECJ-M100S may just be your answer. This useful rice cooker offers up a 10-cup uncooked-rice capacity, producing approximately 20 cups of cooked rice once. This is very convenient when you are preparing rice for small group of friends or even for a big family gathering. The carefully designed micro-computerized Rice cooker features Fuzzy Logic technology, which instantly makes fine changes in the temperature and heating time as it cooks to guarantee perfectly cooked rice. After the rice has cooked, the Sanyo ECJ-M100S automatically changes over to keep-warm function, which maintains the perfect serving temperature without overcooking. Also, the unit’s large Liquid crystal display allows you set to cook 15 hours in advance.
The menu options are very clear and easy to understand. You can select from a number of menu options for cooking styles including white rice, brown rice, sushi rice, rinse-free rice, sprouted brown rice, mixed rice, sweet rice, and porridge. Just press the corresponding selection according to rice you have inside the pot, set the timer if needed, and close the pot and then click
Sanyo ECJ-M100S Features
For a rather large rice cooker it fits in well in most modern kitchen. The top is rather flat which gives it a more compact feature. Along with its black and silver casing it here are its other features.
- It also comes with a steam function (steam tray included) for steaming vegetables, a slow-cook cycle for making soups, a quick-cook cycle, a reheat option, and a bread making cycle for baking cakes.
- Tight jar-style top, a detachable steam vent, a thick (2 mm) non-stick inner pot
- Carrying handle for carrying cooked food directly to the meal table.
- Accessories include measuring cup, spatula, spatula holder, and instruction manual.
- Stainless steel with black accents, 650-watt cooker measures approximately 11 by 10-1/2 by 11 inches.
While this Rice Cooker has had some really good reviews there are several things you should keep in mind before deciding if it is right for you. I have broken down these in the lists below
- Very spacious. It can store up to 10-cup uncooked rice and 18-20 cups cooked
- It can cook white, brown, and even sushi rice.
- The Timer helps when planning ahead
- Even when the rice cooker it was unplugged it was able to keep the rice warm.
- Quality of rice is above average quality
- Making for a few people only take 2-3 cups of rice so it barely fills up the rice cooker
- It can be too big for a small kitchen or apartment.
- Timer doesn’t allow you to set exact time to start. This means you have to estimate the number of hours before it begins cooking. This is not a big deal but just something you need to keep in mind as if you put down the wrong setting you may be coming home to cold or uncooked rice.
The Sanyo ECJ-M100S is a great option for anyone looking for inexpensive option for a 10 cup rice cooker and it is worth considering if you have a large family or like to entertain. Hopefully after looking at this article has help you decide which the right rice cooker is for you.